Post image for How Much Of A Whisky Geek Are You?

How Much Of A Whisky Geek Are You?

by Oliver Klimek on July 18, 2012

Let’s have a fun poll, or actually two polls in one. Listed below are 10 random symptoms of whisky geekdom you may suffer from.

You can select multiple symptoms, of course. To find out just how much of a whisky geek you are, please enter the number of your symptoms into the second poll just below on the right sidebar. The poll will stay open for one month.

1. I write tasting notes
  2. I visit at least one whisky festival per year
  3. I buy more whisky than I can drink
  4. I use a pipette to add water
  5. I own a whisky cask or a share of a cask
  6. I have visited 20+ whisky distilleries
  7. I consult websites and books with reviews before buying
  8. I trade or buy whisky samples
  9. I have bought or sold at whisky auctions
  10. I have bought whisky by the case

Should you suffer from other symptoms not mentioned here, feel free to share your burden in the comments section!

Related Post

Gal Granov גל גרנוב (@galg) July 18, 2012 at 11:44 am

I think we all know the answer ;)

guilty as charged

Bozkurt Karasu July 18, 2012 at 11:54 am

Loved it..! :)

bacchus July 18, 2012 at 12:56 pm

no pipette here, i learned with Ralfy…
i’m not much of a whisky geek apparently.
but i guess that’s because, hell yeah, i can drink all the whisky i buy, even though i buy more than i should (according to my wife).
festivals at home with whisky-loving friends are the best!

i’m “safe” if there are no counts of whisky-related rss feeds, tasting notes read per day, days without a sip of whisky in the year…

Hans July 19, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I’m pairing food with malt whenever I get a chance and whenever I can find some likeminded spirits to join in
I used to bore the pants of people with my talking about food and/or malt (I’m getting better now, the people who still want to converse with me are usually malt lovers themselves)
when I see a whisky shop I MUST go in and see what’s available

keith sexton July 22, 2012 at 9:13 am

Ok, i need to know…Why does Ralfy not like pipettes?

Paul taylor-fesler August 14, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Guilty

Martin the whisky August 17, 2012 at 8:16 am

I can answer in the positive to at least 6 of questions, but I’d you use a pipette your not a geek…………just sad!

Martin the whisky August 17, 2012 at 8:17 am

Ooops! Should have been “if”.

politicalidiot December 11, 2012 at 5:53 am

Guilty…I am a whisky geek…specifically Scotch whisky. I have been for 25 years. I have enough Scotch for several lifetimes and yet I still find ways to buy more. In the last 15 years I have ascended to a level of snobbery that makes my wallet scream in pain. Just kidding, I can still enjoy a dram of JW green in a pinch…but keep that red labeled gasoline away from my glass!

Jacob May 30, 2013 at 12:51 pm

11. I started a whisky club.