Post image for Dramming in Limburg

Dramming in Limburg

by Oliver Klimek on April 14, 2012

In just two weeks time the 2012 edition of the Limburg Whisky Fair will take place. I have been wanting to attend this famous festival for years, but for a variety of reasons I could never manage to actually do so. This year I will finally be able to come to Limburg, even though time constraints will limit my visit to Saturday, 28th April.

Needless to say I will meet a few fellow Malt Maniacs like Serge Valentin and Keith Wood to name but two. But I also look forward very much to meet other friends who may attend and to put faces to names I may know from blog comments or social media websites. I will make sure to bring enough sample botles to keep my sample queue from shrinking too rapidly, in order to provide you with tasting notes of all kinds of interesting drams I will undoubtedly come across at the festival.

See you in Limburg.

Picture from Wikepedia

Related Post

Keith April 14, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Sithee there then.

Keith April 17, 2012 at 6:08 am

Six working days, one Doctor’s appointment and a TÜV until Limburg and counting ….

Oliver Klimek April 17, 2012 at 6:17 am

I hope the TÜV will not have any effect on that ;) See you there!

Keith April 17, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I fear the Doctor’s appointment may have more direct affect than the TÜV.

Now down to 5 working days, one Doctor’s appointment and a TÜV away.

Keith April 19, 2012 at 3:58 pm

The plans were nearly scuppered today when we learned that Deutsche Bahn have rescinded their ‘offer’ for disabled people and their ‘helper’ to travel for free on intercity trains. This was to be our method of transport.

They have made a ‘special offer’ for us but it is pretty expensive and after much soul-searching we decided that even though we can’t really afford it, we will still travel. It’s a little more expensive than the journey by car, should I drive, but I’m feeling lazy for this weekend.

Anyway, now down to One Doctor’s appointment, four working days and a TÜV to Limburg.

Oliver Klimek April 19, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Deutsche Bahn is always good for a suprise, and it’s usually an unpleasant one. But I’m glad you decided not to cancel. :)

Keith April 19, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Yes, it was announced by The Government that as from Jan 1st 2012 all disabled people with the right type of pass would get free travel along with their ‘helper’. DB have refused to play fair and have excluded all but the slowest trains on the most roundabout, sorry ‘scenic’ routes. So, the ‘helper’ still goes for free, but the disabled person has to pay. Thanks DB (not).

I can see the discussion in court now, it may be along the lines of:
The Government: So Mr. DB, why do you not adhere to our new law?
DB: Dear Mr. (or Mrs) Government, how many billions do we owe you? Shut up or else …..
The Government: OK, no problem.

Meanwhile, sorry Oliver for basically taking over your thread as my personal countdown diary, but Dr. Appointment has passed, no limitations imposed on eating or drinking and he was even interested to learn about my ‘hobby’. Internet address taken for some after-work reading.

Four work days to Limburg :-) (Smiley for Limburg, NOT the work days)

Keith April 22, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Two work days and a TÜV.

Keith April 24, 2012 at 8:41 pm

So, let’s hope the TÜV goes OK.

Benjamin Schwebel April 26, 2012 at 5:48 pm

See you saturday, guys! Perhaps, there are sooo many people. I hope i notice you guys for a little talk.