Post image for New Poll: Your Favourite Whisky Glass

New Poll: Your Favourite Whisky Glass

by Oliver Klimek on July 9, 2011

When I did my big whisky glassware comparison in June, I had the idea for this poll. It should be interesting to see how the preferences of whisky drinkers relate to my impressions.

I included some other types of glasses as well to give you more choice. There is also an “Other” option, in case you don’t find your favourite in the list. If so, it would be nice to add a comment with your favourtite glass.

The choices are:

1. Bugatti
  2. Classic Malt
  3. Copita
  4. Glencairn
  5. Spiegelau
  6. Villeroy & Boch
  7. Brandy Snifter
  8. Tumbler
  9. Other
  10. No favourite

The poll will close on 31st July midnight CEST.

Related Post

Stuart Robson July 9, 2011 at 8:06 pm

My vote was for “Other”. The glass in question is the Eisch Jeunesse Malt whisky glass which can be seen here: http://www.premium-whiskey.de/images/Eisch%20Jeunesse%20Single%20Malt%20Whisky.jpg. A fantastic, detailed glass but quite fine and delicate.

Keith July 10, 2011 at 1:15 am

How did I know this poll would be next, is it the tin end of the wedge maybe?

I voted Classic Malt.
Yes, I ran my own study some time ago and the classic malt won, just, from the Glencairn and then the Spiegelau.
If you like light and floral whiskies and nose & drink them within 5-6 minutes then nothing beats the Spiegelau. But this glass doesn’t hold the whisky features for long.
The Classic Malt is near perfect and only just slightly better than the Glencairn overall.

Having said this, the Glencairn is a fine glass and probably the best known by most people.
Keith

Ryan M July 10, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I’m a big fan of my whiskies (particularly ones that have seen a fair bit of wine wood) warm, and I find the Riedel O Series glasses – the Shiraz style works best for my tastes. They get put back into the cupboard after the first few drinks though ;)

Eric July 10, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I voted Glencairn, because that’s what I use most of the time. It’s just a great all around glass. I also use a Glencairn Copita quite a bit. I think it’s every bit as good as the Classic Malt Glass.

Mac Baker July 12, 2011 at 2:30 am

The Glencairn class. Once you’ve tried one, there really is nothing as good.

Teun van Wel July 25, 2011 at 11:40 am

Hi would vote other. I normally use a standrad tulip shaped glass.
I don’t really like the glencairn glass at home. I find it diffcult to warm my whisky with that glass. but it is a perfect glass for whisky fairs. It has the same tulip shape which I find works really well. But at home I prefer to put teh stem between my fingers and warm the whisky in the glass in may palm. A normal tulip shaped glass is perfect for that

gal July 31, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Tuen,

In israel we need to Cool the whisky, not warm it ;) it’s too damn warm.
i like the GK cause it doesnt break ;)
but Tulip glass are cooler as the long stem provides a better way to hold it.

Wee Rock Whisky July 31, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I voted for the Spiegelau, even though the GC gives better nosing, IMHO. I like the ability to hold the glass in my hand in different positions and view the whisky. Warming the whisky is easy, and the general feel in the hand is perfect. Can’t wait to view the results.

Richard July 31, 2011 at 11:02 pm

I would have to say other because: 1, my prefered glass is not on the list; 2, I use six different glasses, dependant on the whisky served; the glass I have designed is not made yet. (only the Glencairn comes close to meeting the needs).