There are numerous whisky and spirit awards each year that usually get quite an echo in online and offline media. The scope ranges from commercial competitions like the IWSC where producers have to submit their bottles for an entrance fee over private non-profit ventures like the Malt Maniacs Awards to awards presented by writers solely based on their private opinon like John Hansell’s Malt Advocate Awards.
There have always been and will continue to be ramblings about awards in general or in particular. I would like to quantify the sentiments about whisky awards by two polls with different angles on the subject.
Poll 1: Are You Influenced by Whisky Awards?
- I only buy bottles that won a medal
- Awards are important for my buying decision
- Sometimes I may buy becaucse of an award
- I don’t care about awards at all
Poll 2: Are There Too Many Whisky Awards?
- You can’t have enough whisky awards
- The number of awards is just right
- There are too many whisky awards
- We don’t need awards, thery’re useless
The two polls are completely uncorrelated, so you don’t have to answer both – although I would like it if you did. I just found it too cumbersome to squeeze both issues into a single poll.
As usual, the poll will stay open for several weeks at the right sidebar.